We can show you why the AR-15 is the most popular rifle in American history.
This is an 8 hour course of hands-on instruction conducted entirely at the range. This course was designed to give students the knowledge and skills required to effectively carry, maintain, and deploy a rifle for defense.
The course content will include but is not limited to:
- Parts and Operation of the rifle
- Care and Maintenance of the rifle
- Sights, Optics, and Accessory discussion
- Zeroing the rifle
- Diagnosing and clearing malfunctions
- Shooting exercises from 7 - 100 Yards
- Improvised shooting positions, use of cover, and shooting on the move
- Transitioning to a secondary weapon system
The minimum round count will be 300 rounds of rifle ammunition and 100 rounds of Pistol. Students will be shooting a combination of paper and steel targets at varying ranges and from multiple shooting positions.
Students will need the following equipment:
- Magazine-fed semi-automatic rifle (AR-15, AK-47, Mini-14, etc.) with a minimum of two magazines and an attached sling
- Pistol with a minimum of two magazines and a quality holster
- Cleaning supplies / tools for rifle (used during the course)
- Eye and ear protection
- Hat with a brim
- Knee pads (optional)